Natural Hosts

Justin_Casper

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2019
Messages
69
Reaction score
60
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m putting together a tank that will consist solely of a green Stichodactyla gigantea, 2 anemonefish, and a spotted porcelain crab.

I’ve been doing my research and everything I find seems a bit sketchy. I figured I’d come here for a solid answer.

I’m looking for an anemonefish OTHER THAN percula or occelaris that are naturally hosted by gigantea.

So far on my list I have polymnus and akindynos
 
S. gigantea naturally host the following clownfish species:
A. akindynos
A. bicinctus
A. clarkii
A. ocellaris
A. percula
A. perideraion
A. rubrocinctus

So I’m putting together a tank that will consist solely of a green Stichodactyla gigantea, 2 anemonefish, and a spotted porcelain crab.

.........

I’m looking for an anemonefish OTHER THAN percula or occelaris that are naturally hosted by gigantea.

So far on my list I have polymnus and akindynos
Clownfish often do not tolerate Porcelain Crab, often they kill the crab when he molted.
A. polymnus naturally host by S. haddoni, and H. crispa but not S. gigantea.
 
Last edited:
S. gigantea naturally host the following clownfish species:
A. akindynos
A. bicinctus
A. clarkii
A. ocellaris
A. percula
A. perideraion
A. rubrocinctus


Clownfish often do not tolerate Porcelain Crab, often they kill the crab when he molted.
A. polymnus naturally host by S. haddoni, and H. crispa but not S. gigantea.

Awesome! Thank you for the list. Was having a hard time finding any info that seemed reliable. Most likely will go with one of the first 3 then.

Why do you think they don’t tolerate the porcelain crabs even though they’re quite often found together?
 
My I love Porcelain Crabs but not able to keep them in my tank. They alway get evicted or kill when they molt by my clowns.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new