Nature's Other World

budsbunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my 75 gallon
nothing fancy just a basic reef tank.
I started out with sun bleached rock from my crashed 150 (heart-breaker...i feel for the sandy victims) this tank is 2 years old and i seeded it with lava rock i bought on ebay that was full of bacteria and pods....started off with mollies so i didn't get stuck with an evil damsel terrorist. i took my time with this tank and as you can see it has developed quite nicely...
about a year ago we bought a new house and moved the tank ......lost some critters and some corals ....all the colorful ones....of course and my wellso brains didn't like the move so that was discouraging, so i have been at a maintenance level since then.
i have been saving for new lights.... presently i have coralife 2-150 MH 14000 k and 2 - 96 W aticnics with moonlights but being in alabama, i really want the cool lighting that LED's offer. my new lights shipped 2 days ago and i'm very excited for the upgrade. i have a 20 gallon sump/refugium that is just macro/pod world. there was a pistol shrimp in there that everytime i'm sure he's no longer there he appears lol
i has a red sea pro wave master ......piece of junk died and they don't service them .......so i bought a cheap one ...aquarium systems natural wave and it works just as good. i have 4 skimmers....all in the garage hahahaha one is a $1200 reef octopus with 3 aqua medic pumps.....i'll save that for when i set up the 150 and want to look like my tank is special ....hahahahahaha. i used to be intimidated by everyone's fancy equipment and all the money they poured in their tank but have come to learn that if you pour clean salt water in the tank and keep it that way the end product is just as nice
tank2-1.jpg

james30ct

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. Are you going with softies in the 150g? Also are you running a skimmer on this setup?

OP
OP
budsbunny

budsbunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure exactly what i'm going to do with the 150 yet ....i'll probably go with a mix of what i find that i like hahahahaha
and no the skimmers are all sitting in the garage hahahaha

OP
OP
budsbunny

budsbunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love it all but after my crash i have been waiting before spending the kind of money all the other corals cost...softies are always cheapest.......but after i get my new lights i'll feel more confident about mixing up the reef......and when i move this stuff on to the 150 it won't seem like alot of softies in there.....and my kenya tree just cranks out the babies!!!! i need to make some trades for some different color mushrooms and stuff.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back