Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few updates:
1. My emerald crab died
2. My hammers died
3. Lots of gha in the sump
4. Bubble algae and cyano in the DT
5. Can't really tell what my phosphate level is. I thought it was .16 ppm but after looking at it again to double check, I can honestly not tell a difference in the colors that indicate 0-.08 ppm. The first time I looked it was .16 ppm so I may have put a different bottle back on the color wheel by accident when I double checked. Nitrate level is 0.

Not really sure what caused my phosphate to rise to .16 ppm if that is the case. Only thing I could think off is over feeding. I guess my plan as of right now is to do more water changes and try to feed a lot less.

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a deep clean on the sump and skimmer today. Much needed clean.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little update. I was having some algae problems for the past couple months but it looks as if I have battled my way through and it's all good now.

On another note, I forget exactly when I started this tank but I believe this month was its birthday! I've had some ups and downs with the tank but overall it's been good. I've lost some nice looking corals but the gsp and the zoas are troopers and have made it through so I think for the future I will only be buying zoas lol. One thing I am actually very proud of is I haven't lost one single fish. Had a couple close calls but all is well.

IMG_5638.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

IMG_5641.JPG

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little update. I was having some algae problems for the past couple months but it looks as if I have battled my way through and it's all good now.

On another note, I forget exactly when I started this tank but I believe this month was its birthday! I've had some ups and downs with the tank but overall it's been good. I've lost some nice looking corals but the gsp and the zoas are troopers and have made it through so I think for the future I will only be buying zoas lol. One thing I am actually very proud of is I haven't lost one single fish. Had a couple close calls but all is well.

IMG_5638.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

IMG_5641.JPG
Congrats man! Looking good, was wondering when you would update.

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snapped a couple of shots while doing a water change today. I really like the way corals look from the surface.

IMG_5748.JPG

IMG_5751.JPG

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good man, you?
Not too bad. Just been super busy. Got a little free time right now and I think I might throw this new skimmer in my sump right now to see if maybe it helps with the algae in my tank. I feel like my current skimmer just isn't doing the job good enough. I wanted to wait to put this new skimmer in on my future tank but I don't think I can wait any longer. I wanna see this bad boy in action!

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too bad. Just been super busy. Got a little free time right now and I think I might throw this new skimmer in my sump right now to see if maybe it helps with the algae in my tank. I feel like my current skimmer just isn't doing the job good enough. I wanted to wait to put this new skimmer in on my future tank but I don't think I can wait any longer. I wanna see this bad boy in action!
Lol I hear you man. What size tank are you planing on in the future?

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I hear you man. What size tank are you planing on in the future?
Anything between 75-125 gallons. It's really just whatever I can get ahold of first from whoever is selling it. Was gonna buy a new tank but I figured why not save a little and just get one used. I'm hoping I can get everything set up but end of march but we will see what happens. It's all about that $$$$ lol.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back