Nebraska!

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im from eastern Nebraska (U.S.) and there aren't alot of reefers in my area beside myself and one other person. The closest LFS is an hour away, is there anyone else from eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa/ Missouri or Northeastern Kansas who reefs? Maybe we could meet up sometime, im always looking to meet new people in the various hobbies I have!

67chevellemalibu2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im from eastern Nebraska (U.S.) and there aren't alot of reefers in my area beside myself and one other person. The closest LFS is an hour away, is there anyone else from eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa/ Missouri or Northeastern Kansas who reefs? Maybe we could meet up sometime, im always looking to meet new people in the various hobbies I have!
Free Bump!

ReefChefIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lincoln, NE here

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Free Bump!

I don't get your meaning about LFS and people to get together , as we have Lincoln, but way more in Omaha.
So there are many,.....of use reefers in eastern Ne.

We live near Lincoln.

Here's our club on Facebook-

This is our Classifieds section-

OP
OP
Stege_saurus

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get your meaning about LFS and people to get together , as we have Lincoln, but way more in Omaha.
So there are many,.....of use reefers in eastern Ne.

We live near Lincoln.

Here's our club on Facebook-

This is our Classifieds section-
I've seen that there are clubs or organizations in other areas where people can get together and talk about reefing and life in general. I've only met one other person in the past 6-9 months since rekindling my passion for reefkeeping. I visit Lincoln almost every weekend and go to both Petcos and The Fish Store, but haven't met people who are into reef keeping like all of us on this forum. I'd like to be able to talk to someone about reef keeping and also get and give advice to someone about the topic. I know one other person who keeps a reef, but isn't as into it as I am, and my friends are only interested in seeing the tank, not talking about it or the processes that are involved.

I am part of the Nebraska Reef Classifieds on Facebook, but I haven't found anyone super close to me. (10-15mi)

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh, that's sad. lol

Where do you live ?
I'd be happy to chat and even take you up to Omaha. There's three great stores and also Petco's. We're in Eagle, 10 miles east of Lincoln.

OP
OP
Stege_saurus

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh, that's sad. lol

Where do you live ?
I'd be happy to chat and even take you up to Omaha. There's three great stores and also Petco's. We're in Eagle, 10 miles east of Lincoln.
Im in Beatrice. I have no problem driving to Omaha, just don't always have the time. (35mi south of Lincoln)

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in Beatrice. I have no problem driving to Omaha, just don't always have the time. (35mi south of Lincoln)

I agree, time isn't always open for hobbies. We used to race at Beatrice against "Johnny the Jet Saathoff ".

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we started racing with John back when I was 15. Wow, at only 57, I'm feeling really old now. lol....

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens man! Haha. I hope to be able to catch up with you sometime!

I agree, let's plan on it !

My wife Patty and I are going to Plattsmouth Friday to license her 300M, so we plan on going to Omaha to go to the LFS.

What do you have in the 120 ?
We're putting a in-wall 125g in the living room under the flat screen TV, with access in back to the reef room. We did the same back in the 90's with our first reef tank. Got out, made it a office, got back into a few years ago, and made it back again,...into the reef room. lol.

OP
OP
Stege_saurus

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, let's plan on it !

My wife Patty and I are going to Plattsmouth Friday to license her 300M, so we plan on going to Omaha to go to the LFS.

What do you have in the 120 ?
We're putting a in-wall 125g in the living room under the flat screen TV, with access in back to the reef room. We did the same back in the 90's with our first reef tank. Got out, made it a office, got back into a few years ago, and made it back again,...into the reef room. lol.
Ha right on!
We will have to get in touch sometime, im quite busy the next couple weekends with my other hobbies and family events.
I have a few different things in the 120:
3 smaller tangs (plan on rehoming when and if they get too big)
2 clowns (snowflake & black Ocellaris)
2 Anemones (BTAs)
2 dottybacks (one may or may not be MIA)
3 Damsels
1 Striped Blenny
1 Orange Spotted Sleeper Goby
1 Arc Eye Hawkfish

A few different Zoas
Kenya trees
Purple star polyp
3 different LPSs (can't remember their names)
A grape coral
1 ?cestupalaria? Or however you spell/ say it

1 Sand Sifting star
1 chocolate chip star (banished to sump)
Various snails and crabs

In QT: Blue Tang who I felt very sorry for, and will eventually join the reef, and will more than likely be rehomed once he is too big.

OP
OP
Stege_saurus

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha right on!
We will have to get in touch sometime, im quite busy the next couple weekends with my other hobbies and family events.
I have a few different things in the 120:
3 smaller tangs (plan on rehoming when and if they get too big)
2 clowns (snowflake & black Ocellaris)
2 Anemones (BTAs)
2 dottybacks (one may or may not be MIA)
3 Damsels
1 Striped Blenny
1 Orange Spotted Sleeper Goby
1 Arc Eye Hawkfish

A few different Zoas
Kenya trees
Purple star polyp
3 different LPSs (can't remember their names)
A grape coral
1 ?cestupalaria? Or however you spell/ say it

1 Sand Sifting star
1 chocolate chip star (banished to sump)
Various snails and crabs

In QT: Blue Tang who I felt very sorry for, and will eventually join the reef, and will more than likely be rehomed once he is too big.
Forgot to add the Foxface Rabbitfish

All my fish are currently juveniles and very young, so they're quite small.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's quite a great tank. We love the symbiotic relationships, like the clowns & anemones. I have some bad health issues and almost got out of the hobby, but I can't quit ! I'll just need help here and there. So, we have a 93g rimless that was going to be a home for them, but we'll see how things go after surgery in a couple weeks. The 55g we have was supposed to be temporary, but that was three years ago. The rock in it was bought from The Fish Store back in the late 90's. An older lady was retiring so we bought what she had.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back