NEDD HELP WITH CORAL BEAUTY

sonny_honey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's going to be very HARD to get a good picture or video, because our coral beauty has been very skittish and hiding more than usual but this is the best I can do as of right now. My Coral Beauty has a rather large white, string like, fuzzy bump close to his lips. I've been in and out the house the last 4 days dealing with personal health issues, so today I was shocked to see this. What do you guys think it is? What should my next step be? I have a 55 gallon tank and 4 clownfishes, 1 Royal gramma, 1 Blue Azul, 1 yellow watchman Gobbie, 1 pistol shrimp and a few coral spread out in the tank.

I wouldn't want no one else to get "sick", should I separate?

Just for reference this my boyfriend's tank, he is an "Over-the road" truck driver so I'm here learning and helping as much as I can.

It’s not my hobby, I’m here to help so please be gentle on me IMG_0883.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0891.mov
    6.1 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So it's going to be very HARD to get a good picture or video, because our coral beauty has been very skittish and hiding more than usual but this is the best I can do as of right now. My Coral Beauty has a rather large white, string like, fuzzy bump close to his lips. I've been in and out the house the last 4 days dealing with personal health issues, so today I was shocked to see this. What do you guys think it is? What should my next step be? I have a 55 gallon tank and 4 clownfishes, 1 Royal gramma, 1 Blue Azul, 1 yellow watchman Gobbie, 1 pistol shrimp and a few coral spread out in the tank.

Just for reference this my boyfriend's tank, he is an "Over-the road" truck driver so I'm here learning and helping as much as I can.

While a mark below mouth is noticeable, the pic is extremely fuzzy and would like to close in on type of issue. A you tube video of at least 20 seconds would also be helpful

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Yes, getting photos and videos of fish is tough, but without them, no diagnosis is possible. I could see the spot you are talking about for a split second in the video. It could be a scrape with a secondary infection.

How long has the fish had this?
How long have you had the fish itself?
Is it still eating/acting well?

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back