Need a Dosing Pump...which should I purchase?

av8soulfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tired of manually dosing Alk and CA in my 100 gallon reef, and I'm leaving town a few times this summer. Which dosing pumps are you using? What recommendations do you have for me?

manilaboy1vic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have an apex controller the DOS is nice.. easy to setup your dosing schedule... for instance you can dose at certain times like:

part1_RF.PNG

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using the 4 Channel Kamoer pump for nearly 2 years and it’s been faultless. I decided on this after asking a similar question and getting recommendations.

There are several choices including Apex of course.

It’s very simple to use and change. It’s not the cheapest but.....

manilaboy1vic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking Jebao DP4 for my first try. Can't dump a ton of cash at the moment and this pump has good reviews.

i have one of those.. i upgraded.. i had a problem getting accurate amounts when trying to dose anything under 5ml (like nopox).

I got the APEX DOS and that thing is spot on with measurements under 5ml.. but i used the jaebo for quite a while.

Michael A Kurolvech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking Jebao DP4 for my first try. Can't dump a ton of cash at the moment and this pump has good reviews.

I have the Jebao DP4. The instructions aren't great but once I got it calibrated its been consistent and reliable for me. I was in the same boat as you, I was tired of dosing manually and was looking to dose on schedule throughout a 24 Hr period. There may be better dosing pumps out there but I've found it to be everything I need.

vegamedic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two BRS 1.1mL dosing pumps controlled by my reefkeeper lite. I dose very small amounts (<10sec per hour, 24hr/day) and the BRS pumps work perfectly for the application.

RickG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely go with the dp4! just have to calibrate and she works like a charm after. Especially considering price, best bang for your buck. DP4 got my vote!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have not had an issue with my dp4 for the past two years. Would I like a fancy one yes but for the price I am good right now

Best direction I have found link

Mako61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL is my favorite but whenever the new Red Sea's come out, I think I am going to switch

The one thing I dont like about the GHL is how the dosing lines attach. I have not had an issue, but it seems a little weak. The Red Sea looks like they addresses that. I am just concerned they are not using stepper motors.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back