Need a fish that consume Mushroom

Hogall

Yes, that's me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a fish that consume Mushroom (Corallimorphs )

My mushrooms is growing out of control. They spread like crazy. Is there any pedator out there that consume mushroom? Please help :eek:oh:

Last edited:

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure that there are any fish. I have heard tell of some species of bristleworms that will eat mushrooms but they also eat other coral too so I wouldn't even consider that route. Why don't you cut them out? Or inject them with kalk or something?

condor

CORAL DR.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
use needle nose pliers and quickly grab them low and pull firmly straight out but pliers need to be sideways as if you were cutting them with scissors. it may take a practice shot or 2 but this will pull off the whole shroom. good luck. p.s. this will not kill them and you can give them to a friend

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahh i would just remove as much rock and pry them off with a screwdriver. collect them all and donate to LFS or local reefers!

condor

CORAL DR.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure that there are any fish. I have heard tell of some species of bristleworms that will eat mushrooms but they also eat other coral too so I wouldn't even consider that route. Why don't you cut them out? Or inject them with kalk or something?
they grow back if you cut and injections do kill them but horribly pollute the water

OP
OP
Hogall

Hogall

Yes, that's me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I start out with 4 mushroom. Then it grow to 10; I use kalk paste, cut them with blade. Seems like the more I try to remove them the faster they grow back. It now covered an entire rock. The worst part is I see some growing under my sps.

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I start out with 4 mushroom. Then it grow to 10; I use kalk paste, cut them with blade. Seems like the more I try to remove them the faster they grow back. It now covered an entire rock. The worst part is I see some growing under my sps.

Yea, I hate this too. I got mushrooms went I started reefing, and now I want them out of my tank. Problem is is that its hard to do that. What do you guys suggest for removal?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back