Need a high quality auto water change system

tangs123tangs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2023
Messages
21
Reaction score
16
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

I have an 800 gallon peninsula tank on Order. Should be here in a few weeks

On my current tank I do auto water changes with a Neptune doser. I use the small 1/4 inch pipes and they run about 60 feet from the doser to the tank.

These small pipes are problematic. Become clogged and invariably the head pressures between out and in aren’t so consistent

In the new tank I’m going a similar distance from my seawater to the sump. About 60 feet.

Is there a higher quality auto water change that I can use ? I’m even ok with a commercial setup. Please give me some suggestions !
 
Following this, I have been curious in auto water changers as well!
 
Hey everyone!

I have an 800 gallon peninsula tank on Order. Should be here in a few weeks

On my current tank I do auto water changes with a Neptune doser. I use the small 1/4 inch pipes and they run about 60 feet from the doser to the tank.

These small pipes are problematic. Become clogged and invariably the head pressures between out and in aren’t so consistent

In the new tank I’m going a similar distance from my seawater to the sump. About 60 feet.

Is there a higher quality auto water change that I can use ? I’m even ok with a commercial setup. Please give me some suggestions !

There are peristaltic pumps that should fit the bill. Some folks use the Stenner.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new