Need advice for clown acclimation/flow asap please.

Salty_Box_Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2013
Messages
493
Reaction score
124
Location
SF north Bay Area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycled my 14g biocube for over a month now, all readings 0, water change done etc.. Then added a cuc, and five days later now I just added my first fish. A true perc that's very small.

My tank has a maxijet 900 and a koralia 240. After floating, and then a drip I placed him in the tank. Seemed like he was struggling with the flow a bit so I killed the pumped for the time being. I'm wondering if I'm ok without my return running for a bit and if so how long should I give it before turning on the return? I don't have any corals so filtration is really the only concern.
 
They do get used to the flow, you should be able angle the outflow nozzle more towards the surface or side panel? Turn off the koralia 240, just use the pump that cycles the water in and out of the back chambers.
 
seems as if hes getting accustomed to the flow. Now he seems real puzzled by the emerald crab whech keeps trying to attack him, but he also seems to be taunting the crab.. Theres no chance the crab can get him while he sleeps is there? I feel bad for the little guy just turning all the lights out on him in this strange new place. Right now I just have my moonlights on, but I know he needs to get some sleep eventually.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new