Need Advice on a Skimmer

pHARMLIFE4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a HOB classic 100 Reef Octopus on a 29 gallon reef, but I recently installed a sump and would like to switch over to a in sump style. The only problem with that is that the opening I have for a Skimmer is very small unfortunately roughly 6.5x6.5 inches and all of the ones I’ve researched have a large foot print.

Any recommendations for a Skimmer this size that works well?

Thanks!

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Eshopps Nano and as long as the water level stays level it works great. It does a good job on my 46G with 2 clowns, a blue tang, a starry blenny and a chromis. Those fish are all huge pigs and I regularly feed my corals, and the skimmer keeps up just fine :)

OP
OP
pHARMLIFE4

pHARMLIFE4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Eshopps Nano and as long as the water level stays level it works great. It does a good job on my 46G with 2 clowns, a blue tang, a starry blenny and a chromis. Those fish are all huge pigs and I regularly feed my corals, and the skimmer keeps up just fine :)

Thanks for the reply. What level does it do best at? I only have 7-8 inches of water to play with in my chamber, so that’s kind of a deterrent as well.

OP
OP
pHARMLIFE4

pHARMLIFE4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the SC-301 skimmer. I use the 302, for the money it's a decent skimmer.

Thanks for the response. I looked into that one after I saw it on another forum, the only issue with it for me is the 7” width, as I only have 6.5” to play with since I have a return pump in the same chamber.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. What level does it do best at? I only have 7-8 inches of water to play with in my chamber, so that’s kind of a deterrent as well.
The nano is nice as well, can't go wrong with eshopps. 7" of water is what you need for the SC-301. The 7" width is what I was worried about.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think mine is around 6-7" or so. The pump on it is just barely submerged and that gives me a nice, thick, dry skim that I empty twice a week. It has a little magnet on the size so it is easy to adjust as well.

OP
OP
pHARMLIFE4

pHARMLIFE4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think mine is around 6-7" or so. The pump on it is just barely submerged and that gives me a nice, thick, dry skim that I empty twice a week. It has a little magnet on the size so it is easy to adjust as well.

Ok, I might look into that one. I’m tired of seeing the octopus pump and return hanging, especially with it being such a small tank.

SnapBackReeef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the bubble magus curve 5. Cheap and great skimmer! I have it on my 75 gallon for 3 years and it's been awesome !

OP
OP
pHARMLIFE4

pHARMLIFE4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e9668c97f2685188ae808f1d5e96c509.jpg

Here’s my new Eshopps Axium X-120, fits perfectly. I’ll let you guys know how it works since it’s fairly new, and I haven’t seen many reviews on it.

OP
OP
pHARMLIFE4

pHARMLIFE4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi any update? I have one also and my micro bubbles coming out of the skimmer are out of control.

In the beginning I was having minor issues with micro bubbles, but now it’s working great!

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back