Need advice on plumbing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arisbel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Arisbel

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2019
Messages
128
Reaction score
92
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Alright so I made my own manifold and was super excited about it becuase I think I did a pretty decent job. Until I went in to put it under the tank… long story short it keeps falling becuase i dont know how to mount it… or better yet cant find the right gear to get it right.

in the pic I have a clamp I bought, but it doesnt reach the wall . None I’ve searched for online accommodate the unions either! Its not that I measured everything wrong, its just I forgot to think about the unions and the 1/2” space they take.

Anyone know any clamps that fit 1” pipe AND that accommodates the size of unions?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
You could also make a spacer for the back side. Just have to be careful not to over tighten the screws for the clamp

Or as @mehaffydr said, go up a size. If there is a gap, just cut a small piece of rubber or foam to put in between the clamp and the pipe.
 
Add a block of wood behind the clamp and secure with screws. Paint it black if you’re picky. ;)
 
You could also make a spacer for the back side. Just have to be careful not to over tighten the screws for the clamp

Or as @mehaffydr said, go up a size. If there is a gap, just cut a small piece of rubber or foam to put in between the clamp and the pipe.
What about just using the same as your picture just go up a size?
Omg thank you so much i didnt think of that! And as for the rubber as Steve suggested, I’ll do that too.
 
I had the same issue.
I went to home-depot/lowes with my unions and took at look at their electrical section. They had a large clamp meant for conduits which fit perfectly over the unions. Just needed a little bit of experimentation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new