Need advice on stocking up my 220g reef

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also don't forget to think about a foxface, they're great algae eaters and very peaceful. My chocolate/mimic really has become one of my favorites, super calm and peaceful (and an acanthurus). Iaagree strongly with Brewsppoint aabout feeding heavily to keep everyone happy, make sure you have the filtration to cope. Naso also are peaceful ;)

I feed a home made mixture of squid, tuna etc. . Like the brs video once a day and since covid pellets a few times a day and nori. I have struggled with nutrients in the past but I have some really fat tangs :)

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are trying to add any fish to a tank that already has Tangs in it (and they are established), you either can change up the aquascape, use an acclimation box, remove existing Tang for a few days and add new addition, or the best option to me is to add a full length mirror on the outside of the tank.

The mirror will cause the aggressive fish to do what he does best, be aggressive but mainly towards itself.

OP
OP
blackstallion

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First piece of the puzzle, got a medium/large Purple in QT now.

RenderedImage.jpg

OP
OP
blackstallion

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on this effort. My Sailfin and Purple got Velvet and didn't make it through.

Right now I have a Yellow Tang half way through Copper treatment and then will treat and observe for another 2 weeks before going into the DT sometime early in November.

But this now disrupts my plan of introducing all 3 Zebrasomas into the DT to avoid a blood bath.

What would you all recommend or do?

I'm considering just putting the Yellow into the DT and then get another 2 Zebrasomas (maybe another Sailfin and Purple) through QT and introduce them together into the DT with the Yellow.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 77.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back