Need advice on tank brands. Purchasing new tank this month.

Rit6942

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will do.

just a tad to big for the area i have set aside for the tank. trying to get a 90-100 g but i really want something with an external overflow. i emailed sca and asked if they would do a 90g with drilling for synergy v3 overflow
Aquarium/Terrarium builder i gave link too is excellent. Acrylic Creations is another excellent tank builder.........and I dealt with Tenecor YEARS ago and had some good products from them too........i thought they were no more tho.........

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to stay sub 100g if possible. Dont really have the space for something of that size currently.
If you have 5 ft of space look for one that's as long as you can fit so you have as many fish options as possible imo. As for brands I'm supposed to receive a fiji cube 76 shallow ext. I doubt you would be disappointed. I chose this one because of a thread I saw on one and I liked the dimensions.

leighton.bingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im 100% buying a new tank this month just not 100% sure what yet. My budget for the tank alone (no stand), is $1,200 (excluding shipping).

So far my options are IM EXT 75 (not totally in love with the cube like dimensions), FIJI Cube 81 Gallon Ext or 76 Gallon Shallow Ext, or the SCA 90 Gallon.

Does anyone have any input on these brands or any other brands I may not know of?

Thanks!
How much do you have to spend? I went with a waterbox 110.4

jbarwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also consider this but might be out of your budget. I have a proclear ProStar 90 and barring the shipping which damaged the sump(which they promptly upgraded due to warranty to an acrylic one) , I am happy with it so far. Just attaching a pic of mine
1F4742EA-1309-4D4E-BD01-6450B5C7644A.jpeg
I have the prostar 150 and agree that it's a great tank & sump system.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Crystal Dynamics Aquarium, that is very nice. Bought it used with Stand and Hood, from Facebook Market Place.

LisaMarie

Addicted to Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought an Innovative Marine and I am beyond thrilled with the quality of this tank and stand. I would definitely recommend!

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tenecor? Thought you guys went out of business over a decade ago?
I am the original founder. From 1978. About two years ago I moved back to Arizona from Montecito, CA and was putting away some books and came across a photo album of some old Tenecor pictures. (for those of you too young to remember, a photo album is a collection of printed pictures). Curious, I looked them up and saw they went out of business like you said, around 2008. I ran the company from 1978 to 1994. I sold it to the second owner who ran it until around 2007. The third guy apparently did not make it more than a year. Meanwhile, I worked in on another startup, a company manufacturing diagnostic disease tests. If it made you sick or killed you, we had a test for it. Also drug tests. If any of you ever had to take a whiz quiz, chances are it was our test. I was travelling over 250 days a year to every corner of the earth, especially the really bad places where the bad infectious diseases were. I sold that company back around 2010 to my Asian partners. We were selling to almost every country in the world and I had over 3,000 employees. I still have other companies in pharma and food manufacturing as well. Needless to say, I am fortunate to live a very comfortable lifestyle.

Aquariums have always been my personal passion. I resurrected Tenecor and now we are back in the business of aquariums. We have three manufacturing facilities in the Phoenix area making tanks and accessories as well as custom fabrications for the chip manufacturing and defense industries under a different name. I think this hobby is grossly overpriced in many areas with limited options. We are committed to delivering the lowest cost options for aquariums and accessories whenever it makes business sense. The reason you have not heard about us yet is our backlog is pretty big and I don't want to add more to it. We took delivery of our 7th CNC router (the Big Momma) about a month ago along with 3D printers (These things are AMAZING) and CO2 lasers. My team is shipping around 15 to 30 orders per day. We expect that to double in the next few months as we add staff and more equipment. It's not quite yet as busy as we were back in the 80's but getting there. There seven 300 plus gallon tanks going though right now along with a bunch of smaller stuff. I do this because it is fun. As for your tank, I can pretty much guarantee you the lowest price and best quality if you decide to go acrylic. All the best.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im 100% buying a new tank this month just not 100% sure what yet. My budget for the tank alone (no stand), is $1,200 (excluding shipping).

So far my options are IM EXT 75 (not totally in love with the cube like dimensions), FIJI Cube 81 Gallon Ext or 76 Gallon Shallow Ext, or the SCA 90 Gallon.

Does anyone have any input on these brands or any other brands I may not know of?

Thanks!
Go at least 4 foot wide... I regret that I went Reefer 250 and not bigger.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have 5 ft of space look for one that's as long as you can fit so you have as many fish options as possible imo. As for brands I'm supposed to receive a fiji cube 76 shallow ext. I doubt you would be disappointed. I chose this one because of a thread I saw on one and I liked the dimensions.
Yeah I like it's dimensions as well! It's one of my favorite op choices at the moment.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am the original founder. From 1978. About two years ago I moved back to Arizona from Montecito, CA and was putting away some books and came across a photo album of some old Tenecor pictures. (for those of you too young to remember, a photo album is a collection of printed pictures). Curious, I looked them up and saw they went out of business like you said, around 2008. I ran the company from 1978 to 1994. I sold it to the second owner who ran it until around 2007. The third guy apparently did not make it more than a year. Meanwhile, I worked in on another startup, a company manufacturing diagnostic disease tests. If it made you sick or killed you, we had a test for it. Also drug tests. If any of you ever had to take a whiz quiz, chances are it was our test. I was travelling over 250 days a year to every corner of the earth, especially the really bad places where the bad infectious diseases were. I sold that company back around 2010 to my Asian partners. We were selling to almost every country in the world and I had over 3,000 employees. I still have other companies in pharma and food manufacturing as well. Needless to say, I am fortunate to live a very comfortable lifestyle.

Aquariums have always been my personal passion. I resurrected Tenecor and now we are back in the business of aquariums. We have three manufacturing facilities in the Phoenix area making tanks and accessories as well as custom fabrications for the chip manufacturing and defense industries under a different name. I think this hobby is grossly overpriced in many areas with limited options. We are committed to delivering the lowest cost options for aquariums and accessories whenever it makes business sense. The reason you have not heard about us yet is our backlog is pretty big and I don't want to add more to it. We took delivery of our 7th CNC router (the Big Momma) about a month ago along with 3D printers (These things are AMAZING) and CO2 lasers. My team is shipping around 15 to 30 orders per day. We expect that to double in the next few months as we add staff and more equipment. It's not quite yet as busy as we were back in the 80's but getting there. There seven 300 plus gallon tanks going though right now along with a bunch of smaller stuff. I do this because it is fun. As for your tank, I can pretty much guarantee you the lowest price and best quality if you decide to go acrylic. All the best.
Unfortunately the shipping cost just brings the cost to an incomparable level for me. Price of the tank itself looks great. Wish you best of luck with the resurrection of your business!

Rit6942

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NJ. The shipping from tenecor is more than half the price of the tank itself.
Omg ......dude........the link i gave you.......message or text him or call him........he delivers up and down the east coast his tanks PERSONALLY. I was charged 300 bux for shipping to NH from his shop in VA an 8 foot long 350lb tank.......dirt cheap.......his craftsmanship is great.......his pricing is better. His 240g tanks at 8x2x2 dimensions start at $1700. Your looking at a tank half that size or smaller? If you are a veteran he even gives a small discount on top. Message him. Even if you dont buy from him you will be glad you did regardless.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NJ. The shipping from tenecor is more than half the price of the tank itself.
We price our tanks plus shipping so that higher cost destinations are not subsidized by lower cost addresses. Yes, for a small tank like this it would be high cost shipping. What we will be doing shortly is offering complete setups to directly compete with Similar popular advertised glass aquariums. We have run those numbers and overall we should lower by 20 percent including shipping. We also have a large selection of DIY kits that are suitable for many hobbyists. On larger tanks, 400 gallons and up we are the lowest cost. Including crated shipping. There are lots of other good options for you. All the best.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We price our tanks plus shipping so that higher cost destinations are not subsidized by lower cost addresses. Yes, for a small tank like this it would be high cost shipping. What we will be doing shortly is offering complete setups to directly compete with Similar popular advertised glass aquariums. We have run those numbers and overall we should lower by 20 percent including shipping. We also have a large selection of DIY kits that are suitable for many hobbyists. On larger tanks, 400 gallons and up we are the lowest cost. Including crated shipping. There are lots of other good options for you. All the best.
Nothing against your guys at all. I understand every business is different and all shipping costs won't be the same. some back a portion into the pricing. It's all different. Just for that size the shipping is logical at the moment.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg ......dude........the link i gave you.......message or text him or call him........he delivers up and down the east coast his tanks PERSONALLY. I was charged 300 bux for shipping to NH from his shop in VA an 8 foot long 350lb tank.......dirt cheap.......his craftsmanship is great.......his pricing is better. His 240g tanks at 8x2x2 dimensions start at $1700. Your looking at a tank half that size or smaller? If you are a veteran he even gives a small discount on top. Message him. Even if you dont buy from him you will be glad you did regardless.
I already did waiting on a reply.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing against your guys at all. I understand every business is different and all shipping costs won't be the same. some back a portion into the pricing. It's all different. Just for that size the shipping is logical at the moment.
No offense taken. We have plenty of business. I enjoy hearing from everyone, what they are doing and I like to share what we have cooking up. For example, this is what I was talking about. A complete setup with all the bells and whistles. Some R and D shots below of one of our ReefPoint Lagoons. The stands we offer are industrial grade T Slot aluminum. This one is our latest version. It will have a full designer exterior skin with all the panels being removable. Inside will be finished in 1/2 inch PVC along with a universal control panel mounting board. And it will be offeeed with the universal overhead lighting mount adjustable in three axes as well. Price is going to be lower than the Plywood/particle board options from those other guys. Any one have comments on this design, please share.
B4056D51-2D9A-4EBB-A2C0-C78E9AB80D91.jpeg

80CE43E5-6235-4833-B0FA-BAD715141FC9.jpeg

06BAD203-609F-45B5-AA16-77967534F0A4.jpeg

FFC19513-CAB8-4A8A-9380-488C4327ACDA.jpeg
7A6131F2-5EE4-41AA-B521-746181038EB3.jpeg

Attachments

• 68E51352-DF81-4B99-8081-82B65406C456.jpeg
    68E51352-DF81-4B99-8081-82B65406C456.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense taken. We have plenty of business. I enjoy hearing from everyone, what they are doing and I like to share what we have cooking up. For example, this is what I was talking about. A complete setup with all the bells and whistles. Some R and D shots below of one of our ReefPoint Lagoons. The stands we offer are industrial grade T Slot aluminum. This one is our latest version. It will have a full designer exterior skin with all the panels being removable. Inside will be finished in 1/2 inch PVC along with a universal control panel mounting board. And it will be offeeed with the universal overhead lighting mount adjustable in three axes as well. Price is going to be lower than the Plywood/particle board options from those other guys. Any one have comments on this design, please share.
B4056D51-2D9A-4EBB-A2C0-C78E9AB80D91.jpeg

80CE43E5-6235-4833-B0FA-BAD715141FC9.jpeg

06BAD203-609F-45B5-AA16-77967534F0A4.jpeg

FFC19513-CAB8-4A8A-9380-488C4327ACDA.jpeg
7A6131F2-5EE4-41AA-B521-746181038EB3.jpeg
Looks awesome. Wish you guys the best of luck with the reboot although it doesn't seem like you need it

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back