Need advice. Root capsule for mangrove - safe??

JohnnyTabasco

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2016
Messages
244
Reaction score
391
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mangroves looks like they have nutrient deficiency.
I heard that you can use root tab, but can someone tell me if this looks safe for a coral reef tank.
It's containing copper... but in trace amounts.

20230207_135159.jpg 20230207_135155.jpg
 
I plant mine in glass vases (hidden in the scape) filled with a miracle mud like product

easy
 
I wouldn't add it. I just feed my fish well and do regular weekly water changes to keep my mangroves thriving.
If you were to add something I'd use chaetogro or individual elements you think are lacking.

20230114_101130.jpg
 
I watched a video where someone said they did that with some success, however, when discussing with my local fish store, they advised against it saying some of the components may be harmful to corals/other saltwater life. . .

So as everyone else has said. . . I would avoid
 
Inappropriate Reefer on YouTube once said he puts some sort of tab in the sand. He keeps some softies in there and they seem fine. But I would be warry without someone doing some tests.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new