Need advice

b1kirk74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I'm new to the forum. I've been in and out of the saltwater fish tanks going on 30 years. I've just start back up and I'm doing a 90 gallon tank. It's been up and running for over a month. Yesterday I put in a Lemon peel angel and a Flame angel. The Lemon peel is doing laps around the tank but has yet to eat. I've tried mysis, fish frenzy, brine and algae strips and he hasn't touched anything. Wondering if it's normal behavior. The Flame angel did a few laps and hid behind the rocks and we have seen him since and it's been a full 24 hours. Should I be worried or is it normal behavior? I've never owned these 2 types of fish before.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much water flow do you have in the tank?
How bright are the lights, and what is the photo period?
Can you post a picture of the tank so we can visualize the situation.
It's been running a month, what cycling preps did you use? LIve rock, dry rock, live sand, no sand????

Those fish seem scared or uncomfortable in the new set up, so we can only guess what is making them skitterish.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Happy Birthday Party Hard GIF by mattbag3d
Glad you have joined the party here. :cool:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello,
I'm new to the forum. I've been in and out of the saltwater fish tanks going on 30 years. I've just start back up and I'm doing a 90 gallon tank. It's been up and running for over a month. Yesterday I put in a Lemon peel angel and a Flame angel. The Lemon peel is doing laps around the tank but has yet to eat. I've tried mysis, fish frenzy, brine and algae strips and he hasn't touched anything. Wondering if it's normal behavior. The Flame angel did a few laps and hid behind the rocks and we have seen him since and it's been a full 24 hours. Should I be worried or is it normal behavior? I've never owned these 2 types of fish before.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Not unusual for these fish to pace and pick on rocks and glass for 2-3 days when new and eventually eat. Often they may not eat due to imbalance in salinity, poor acclimation as examples.
How did you acclimate and for how long?
What is age of tank?
Any pics or video under white lighting you can provide?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back