need advise please.

whip1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,
I have been moving all my corals and fish etc over to the 180 from 3 other tanks everything has gone well so far and I plan to move the larger more aggressive fish last but I am worried because I have a mated pair of Perc Clowns and a mated pair of Maroon clowns I love them all but I am very worried about having two pair clowns in one tank. I have gotten conflicting opinions whether they would get along so I wanted to ask the experts. I realize all fish are different. any ideas would be helpful.
Thank you

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my opinion i think with that size of a tank they would have plenty of room and not be to aggressive towards one another. but not saying they might not be at first intill territory is marked out by them in the tank.

but that is just my opinion... never had maroons.. i had pink skunks with percs but the skunks are big baby's lol

Mainstream Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should be enough room for a short term solution. I would keep a watch on them though. Maroons are much more aggressive though. Put some pvc in there to give the clowns some shelter.

greg 45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two tanks set up both 180 gal . Both tanks house a pair of maroon clows and regular clowns . Both sets a laying eggs. They seem to stay on there opposide of the tank. There has been no blood shed.They seem to stay in there own anemones.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 124 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 33.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back