need an ID on this critter

  • Thread starter Thread starter foxhuntr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
1,093
Reaction score
25
Location
little town in Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
somebody gave this to me because they said they could never get it to grow.... he said it was a chalice but I have never seen a chalice like this with very big eyes .... as it was growing it looked to be a scoly. then it looked like a chalice but after seeing it last night when I was feeding my other chalices im not sure what it is now.....1st pic with 1 very large mouth in center pic was taken on 4/22/14


2nd and 3rd taken last night 6/30/14...you can see the feeders from 4 very large mouths



4th pic taken this morning 7/1/14... you can see 5 large eyes without feeders



if anybody has any ideas what this is please let me know because I have never seen a chalice with mouths this big
thanks
 
Last edited:
I'm also thinking Acan echinata, with a small possibility of Acan rotundoflora.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new