Need an ID on this snail

StartingATank

Self-Diagnosed Coral Addict
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
2,351
Reaction score
1,745
Location
DFW Metroplex
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have seen a few of these snails in my tank but they were too small to take a clear pic. Now one of them is big enough I was able to get a pic. Only snail that looks similar to this is a trochus snail, but I don’t think that is it. It seems like a turbo snail, but I have never had a turbo snail survive in my tank, because they always die within the first week. Last turbo attempt was about 2 months ago
20260227_163147_7B31FE8B-2E53-40B7-B550-0738FD1E38DA.png
 
Could be a Collonista snail. They look like miniature Turbos colored like Trochus.

They're a decent snail but some people have reported them multiplying and jamming pump impellers.

I had them in my 125. They definitely breed readily in our aquariums but mine were kept in check by my wrases.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new