Need help and opinion one a bta

Tyman967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I need everyone’s opinion on what to do!
So I have had a tank set up for about 2 months now and ended up getting some bta’s yes to soon I know but we put then in my gf tank that’s about 8/9 months old and we had them in there for about a week we had fed them some small pieces of shrimp they eat them and I’m guessing later that night they spit them out and we didn’t find the pieces for a few days causing her tank to get toxic! Bummer yes so we moved them to me recently set up tank and they looked good for about 2/3 days maybe and then the bigger one of the 2 detached and kept moving around the tank in shaded areas with low flow noticed he’s about 80% smaller than when we got it and it’s prob lost about 60/70% of his color :/! I’ve done frequent water changes 10 gallons out of 35 or so and still looks bad currently having him in a lil qt cage so he’ll quit moving around the tank where I can’t find him still seem poor in health to me! Currently have ordered some live zooxanthellea to help with color! Any ideas would be awesome ! Light is currently a smartfarms led aquarium light 95watt for a 24 gallon cube cold white at 0% deep sea blue is at 30% dark blue is at 30% indigo blue is at 30% and purples at 30% thanks guys sorry a bit to read but any helps is amazing thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I need everyone’s opinion on what to do!
So I have had a tank set up for about 2 months now and ended up getting some bta’s yes to soon I know but we put then in my gf tank that’s about 8/9 months old and we had them in there for about a week we had fed them some small pieces of shrimp they eat them and I’m guessing later that night they spit them out and we didn’t find the pieces for a few days causing her tank to get toxic! Bummer yes so we moved them to me recently set up tank and they looked good for about 2/3 days maybe and then the bigger one of the 2 detached and kept moving around the tank in shaded areas with low flow noticed he’s about 80% smaller than when we got it and it’s prob lost about 60/70% of his color :/! I’ve done frequent water changes 10 gallons out of 35 or so and still looks bad currently having him in a lil qt cage so he’ll quit moving around the tank where I can’t find him still seem poor in health to me! Currently have ordered some live zooxanthellea to help with color! Any ideas would be awesome ! Light is currently a smartfarms led aquarium light 95watt for a 24 gallon cube cold white at 0% deep sea blue is at 30% dark blue is at 30% indigo blue is at 30% and purples at 30% thanks guys sorry a bit to read but any helps is amazing thanks
Minute shrimp preferably mysis shrimp 2x per week
Light important for production of zooxanthellae which gives them color and energy
Low to moderate water flow
Phos below .04
Nitrate no higher than 15

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A leftover piece of shrimp should not crash your tank. Someone sells "live zooxanthellae"?!

A pic of the tank and nem would be helpful to diagnose any issues.

OP
OP
Tyman967

Tyman967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Tyman967

Tyman967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A leftover piece of shrimp should not crash your tank. Someone sells "live zooxanthellae"?!

A pic of the tank and nem would be helpful to diagnose any issues.
I attached pics it’s the one inside the lil cage

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back