Need help asap is my rank ready or no

Mrwood12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up new tank over a month ago I have over 70lbs of live rock started with damsel fish then cow fish but ick got it ....got rid of ick I know have tube sponge growing and no ick is my tank ready or no

OP
OP
M

Mrwood12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up new tank over a month ago I have over 70lbs of live rock started with damsel fish then cow fish but ick got it ....got rid of ick I know have tube sponge growing and no ick is my tank ready or no
Clown doing great so were the damsels lost cow fish 4 weeks ago and didnt have sponge growing none of that had ick thgh now I dont so how do know if ready after ick and all is gone for my puffer

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know the ich is gone?

Doesn't sound like you have had the tank long enough to starve it out.

OP
OP
M

Mrwood12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took fish out turned up to 92 degrees for 2 weeks ick was strong then calmed temp back down to 78 and put fish back didnt get no ick at all after that was 3 weeks ago and still no sign of ick so hoping it's gone havent seen a sign of it since

OP
OP
M

Mrwood12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know the ich is gone?

Doesn't sound like you have had the tank long enough to starve it out.
When first set up tank with damsels
I took fish out turned up to 92 degrees for 2 weeks ick was strong then calmed temp back down to 78 and put fish back didnt get no ick at all after that was 3 weeks ago and still no sign of ick so hoping it's gone havent seen a sign of it since
I'm also growing white tube sponge and I did buy a live rock from aquarium shop witch seemed to be covered in red slim so removed that for a bit in treated that in chemi clean cause that rock was covered in red and had a aquarium guy come check it out and said to remove it so I did witch is weird aquarium shop wld sell it to us if was covered in that but they did but its removed for now and soaking in chemi clean away from tank

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum! If you had ich in your tank the only way you're going to be able to get rid of it is by leaving it fallow (no fish) for 76 days. That's the amount of time it takes to starve the parasite out without any fish to host on. You can still have ich even if your fish aren't showing any symptoms

Tiger Brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, Welcome to R 2 R! It is always a good sign that you are willing to ask questions.

IMO, one month in this hobby is like a second in most others. You haven't mentioned anything about your parameters or if you tested through the nitrogen cycle and it is complete. I just came back into the hobby 5 months ago from a long hiatus and I still am waiting to put inverts in. I know it can be hard to wait but you'll have better results in the long run.

Last edited:

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said.

Starting up a build thread and populating it with data about your tank will help greatly.

One month isn't that long of a time.

Slow is fast [emoji3]

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
After ick, do not stock tank for 9-10 weeks to assure all the parasites and their eggs have starved off and perished. May sound absurd and be frustrating to hear but worth the wait

welcome24.gif

OP
OP
M

Mrwood12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said.

Starting up a build thread and populating it with data about your tank will help greatly.

One month isn't that long of a time.

Slow is fast [emoji3]
125 gallon ....protien skimmer ...canister filter and 2 water circulation pumps...2 300w heaters with temp steady at 78.....

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try the member tanks forum to create a build thread.

This forum is for tank emergencies, asking if your tank is ready to host ick again isn't really an emergency, but if you had a detailed build thread you could get help much faster :)

Going off of the above, IMO no your tank is not ready.

Back