Need help choosing lighting

diveinheadfirst

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2023
Messages
38
Reaction score
46
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning to be mainly lps with this tank, so shooting for those par levels. Was thinking a360x or xr15 g6. But am open to different lights or styles. I love the kessil spectrum but I hate their shadowing. I love the radion shadowing but their spectrum leaves some to be desired. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy reefing!

Jeff

E9185EC4-C2E1-4E28-9D5D-98BFFAB77E15.jpeg 198CA13C-D4FF-466E-891C-42F50E7A2F07.jpeg 7293A246-40FA-48C9-BF6B-F8D8A9370DE2.jpeg
 
26 x 20 x 17 are the tank dimensions.
 
For the price to performance ratio, you can't beat Noopsyche K7 Pro III. @Zach B is the exclusive North American distributor for them and can answer any questions if you have them.
 
I would go radion XR30 - if you want to save a bit of cash, perhaps look for a second hand G5?

Noopsyche K7s are also a very good economical option.
 
A Reefbreeders photon would be a nice light. I love mine, have it over a 3 foot water box and Acropora
Which photon do you have. Sorry I'm just starting my search for a light to cover a 3ft x 22 x 22 inch tank and would like to stay with a single fixture that can be attached to the tank.
 
Honestly for a 2 ft tank, if you want a lot of LPS and the colors to pop go with the G6 XR 15 Blue/Pro and then get the reefbrite XHO kit to add addition coverage.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new