Need help deciding what fish I should get

tessa1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I need some help deciding on some new fish, I have had a mochavinci clown for about a month now and am getting ready to move it to a bigger 25g tank. The tank has been cycling for about two weeks and has plenty of fake plants, rocks, and other decors. The water is in good condition. I want to get more fish in addition to my current clown for the 25g and am currently thinking about getting another mocha clown, a neon goby, and 1-3 pj cardinals. I need opinions on if this combo would work and any other suggestions as I am getting it all setup. Thanks!

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The additional clown and the neon goby will be fine. With a 25g the clowns may stake out some territory and defend it at the peril of other fish. You could get a sand dwelling goby like a watchman and may be safe to add something like a chalk bass that keeps a ledge or cave to itsself and is not too aggressive. I’ve never had cardinals so I’ll leave that for someone else. I just suggest filling roles with fish and if you get fish that overlap roles, you may have trouble. Roles being cave dweller, percher, sand dweller, open water swimmer, etc.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 79 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back