Need help finding a stand for Biocube 32

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have had my biocube setup on a DIY stand that I built, but it doesn’t quite fit the look of the interior of the house and I’m going to move it when I find a new stand. I have done hours of research trying to find a good stand and I have only found a few from pictures that I couldn’t find anywhere on the internet. I want a stand that isn’t modern, like the Biocube stand it comes with, and is preferably wooden and brown. Is there any stand that you may use or know of some that you would recommend? You can still share if you have the Biocube stand and your experiences with it.
FYI: I’d prefer not to make another DIY but if it’s a last resort, I’ll do it.
Thanks.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine depot, but their wood and only last a few years with great care. Diy w marine plywood and heavy urethane wood b best if it is an option

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right up with one of my favorite things to do is going shopping for a new stand, yeah I am weird, go to a furniture store with one thing in mind I need a stand for my tank, hopefully, they have a scratch and dent section, yout tank will hide the scratch. Another place is a consignment store I found one of the most beautiful pieces of furniture for a tank at one, unfortunately, it was an credienza I did not but, because my tank required a sump and I did not have the heart to cut into it. You could use a TV stand , coffee table, side board etc.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine depot, but their wood and only last a few years with great care. Diy w marine plywood and heavy urethane wood b best if it is an option
Good to know about the marine depot wood.
It may have to be an option to do DIY again and if so, I’m going to take that wood into consideration!

Right up with one of my favorite things to do is going shopping for a new stand, yeah I am weird, go to a furniture store with one thing in mind I need a stand for my tank, hopefully, they have a scratch and dent section, yout tank will hide the scratch. Another place is a consignment store I found one of the most beautiful pieces of furniture for a tank at one, unfortunately, it was an credienza I did not but, because my tank required a sump and I did not have the heart to cut into it. You could use a TV stand , coffee table, side board etc.
Thanks. We originally wanted to get a long wall table for it but none of the ones we found would support it and we’re wide enough. But I’ll definitely take your advice for all of that. Thanks.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw some ones made like these on eBay and they didn’t have shipping and was just local pickup, so I may consider buying this. thanks.
Any luck finding a stand for your biocube 32? I almost created a post on this until I found yours. My wife isn't too keen on the coralife stand and I can understand why. It doesn't truly fit the decor of our home at all. Any who, I have a biocube coming soon and I'm really hoping to have a stand or something that can double as a stand by the weekend. I plan on hitting the furniture stores this weekend.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck finding a stand for your biocube 32? I almost created a post on this until I found yours. My wife isn't too keen on the coralife stand and I can understand why. It doesn't truly fit the decor of our home at all. Any who, I have a biocube coming soon and I'm really hoping to have a stand or something that can double as a stand by the weekend. I plan on hitting the furniture stores this weekend.
Yeah it was super difficult trying to find one that had the right dimensions at stores so I decided to just stick with the diy one I have. I may consider the one from eBay linked above

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it was super difficult trying to find one that had the right dimensions at stores so I decided to just stick with the diy one I have. I may consider the one from eBay linked above
Darn! Lol! I'm disappointed to hear that. I wanted to hear, "I found it and this is where you can get it from". ;) Wishful thinking! I'm not the DIY type and the only tools I have are screwdrivers and a drill. It would probably cost me more to make it myself once I purchase the tools and equipment I need. Well, guess I better start mapping out the furniture stores for this weekend. :)

subzero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is now... I have a little one so hence the lock. I also reinforced it with 4 2x4s, just cause I wanted piece of mind. But I’m sure you don’t need to do that.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is now... I have a little one so hence the lock. I also reinforced it with 4 2x4s, just cause I wanted piece of mind. But I’m sure you don’t need to do that.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
That’s a good looking tank . But that’s the stand that it comes with that I don’t like IMO. I don’t blame you for the extra reinforcements.

Back