0   0   0
Is there anything to do to help him?
1532198685415.jpeg

Nopy117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the velvet diagnosis, chances are you most likely don’t have acces to acriflavin, so my go would be a freshwater dip, then straight into a QT, then start dosing copper (again, assuming you don’t have CP).

OP
OP
sagi

sagi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nopy117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no shop open at such hours now): ... try to put it in a bowl of fresh water?
Look into how to perform a freshwater dip, you’ll need to match temperature. Also, a freshwater dip can give temporary relief until the shop can open!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshwater dip in water the same temp as the tank it’s in, keep water moving and oxygenated — velvet damages the gills making them work harder so the oxygen needs are increased.

Then copper or CP as mentioned above.

OP
OP
sagi

sagi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the immersion in fresh water and he wakes up and starts moving in the aquarium for how long will it hold? Until I buy him the medicine he needs? Now 8 hours and I can buy it. Will that be enough?

And thank you very much all of you for this group

Nopy117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet acts fast, and can start to reinfect the fish in very short order, you certainly gave him some relief and bought him some time, how long that is or whether or not another dip should be conducted in a few hours is something ill let the more experienced folk help with!

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the immersion in fresh water and he wakes up and starts moving in the aquarium for how long will it hold? Until I buy him the medicine he needs? Now 8 hours and I can buy it. Will that be enough?

And thank you very much all of you for this group

Hard to tell how much time the dip bought. If an emergency, you may repeat the dip in ~6hrs, although generally should be avoided given it's a shock to an already stressed fish. I would keep the heater off unless the room temperature is far below 70F, Amyloodinium is most virulent at around 78F.

OP
OP
sagi

sagi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell how much time the dip bought. If an emergency, you may repeat the dip in ~6hrs, although generally should be avoided given it's a shock to an already stressed fish. I would keep the heater off unless the room temperature is far below 70F, Amyloodinium is most virulent at around 78F.
You explained to me that probably the heat rose a little and reached 25.5 degrees and it burst .. I also disappeared 2 fish I can not find them probably also happened to them ... Hope at least that this fish will pass I will try to do the operation in the morning if it is still Will live .. thanks bro

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back