Need help fish is extremely skinny

Primarytuba18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help

I noticed my tang to be extremely skinny and it doesn’t want to eat and it keeps flopping over, is there anyway to get it to eat or is it pretty much a goner? Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated, just noticed it today

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are your water parameters? How long have you had the tank and tang? Any other possible stress inducers? Pictures if possible under white light.

OP
OP
P

Primarytuba18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your water parameters? How long have you had the tank and tang? Any other possible stress inducers? Pictures if possible under white light.
Have had the tang for a year along with 2 clowns but I noticed when I was going to feed them that it never came out, so I looked for it. Saw it very skinny behind a rock

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have had the tang for a year along with 2 clowns but I noticed when I was going to feed them that it never came out, so I looked for it. Saw it very skinny behind a rock
Any major changes? What are your water parameters? Also is it captive bred or wild? Tangs are grazers and prefer to eat all day, have you tried seaweed clips? Or live sea lettuce?

OP
OP
P

Primarytuba18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any major changes? What are your water parameters? Also is it captive bred or wild? Tangs are grazers and prefer to eat all day, have you tried seaweed clips? Or live sea lettuce?
I have tried seaweed but it has never wanted to eat off it, I always keep trying but with no luck. Currently don’t know my parameters but nothing has changed in the tank that I know of. It is also wild caught if that helps

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have tried seaweed but it has never wanted to eat off it, I always keep trying but with no luck. Currently don’t know my parameters but nothing has changed in the tank that I know of. It is also wild caught if that helps
Get a good test kit and get parameters when you can. It’s very important in diagnosing the issue

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back