Need help getting flow right on 24” cube rank

Yatish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help getting flow right in my 24” cube.
Please share your thoughts on placement of pumps for mixed reef cube tanks. Starting to grow acros and to create a wave ;bank & forth) variable flow.

I have 2 Tunze 6040 Nano Streams (100% on wave mode) on both sides of back wall (8” below surface/ facing up). back corners and bottom-sides are getting detritus / cyano build up. Return pump nozzles are on top surface (both sides)

I just bought Nero 5 to install on back wall (center). And will point the Tunze’s pointing down to flush out the back and sides. Trying to avoid anything on the side walls for aesthetics
E6673E43-110B-4BBB-9E51-721ED2631003.jpeg

admiralmcstabby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the flow like now with just the Tunzes???I would think that adding the Nero might be a little too much flow but that's just me.

OP
OP
Y

Yatish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the flow like now with just the Tunzes???I would think that adding the Nero might be a little too much flow but that's just me.
Hi! Flow is okay… but low to the bottom 1/3 and there are dead spots along back wall, back corners and sides. Don’t see much movement in Euphyllias which are to the bottom. it’s fine for few days after I clean the pumps but slows noticeably withjon

I can dial down the Tunze’s when I flip them upside down. Nero 5 will be primary pump . Tunze’s will just help keep the sand bed clean and prevent dead spots.

If Nero 5 can do the job alone then I might remove the Tunze’s. Too many casualties because they don’t have a protective shell… lost a Fire Shrimp and clown fish and sides tend to get clogged easily.

Will find out soon enough… going to install Nero 5 today!

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get two Nero 3's and put them on either side of the rock wall on the back glass, down real low. Can alternate flow on them to get the non sps stuff on the bottom a nice flow blanket. And then run the Streams on high up top for the SPS.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help getting flow right in my 24” cube.
Please share your thoughts on placement of pumps for mixed reef cube tanks. Starting to grow acros and to create a wave ;bank & forth) variable flow.

I have 2 Tunze 6040 Nano Streams (100% on wave mode) on both sides of back wall (8” below surface/ facing up). back corners and bottom-sides are getting detritus / cyano build up. Return pump nozzles are on top surface (both sides)

I just bought Nero 5 to install on back wall (center). And will point the Tunze’s pointing down to flush out the back and sides. Trying to avoid anything on the side walls for aesthetics
E6673E43-110B-4BBB-9E51-721ED2631003.jpeg
Along the same size with tank. I have two Mp10s on the back, each side of overflow, it’s a reefer170. Return pump is a Vectra S2, tank is SPS, LPS, purple gorg, mimosa clam. I don’t have really high erratic flow, SPS PE is really nice all the time, the LPS aren’t torn apart. Too much glue, sump won’t do it’s job. I run the mp10s using random flow, seems to do the trick.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Along the same size with tank. I have two Mp10s on the back, each side of overflow, it’s a reefer170. Return pump is a Vectra S2, tank is SPS, LPS, purple gorg, mimosa clam. I don’t have really high erratic flow, SPS PE is really nice all the time, the LPS aren’t torn apart. Too much glue, sump won’t do it’s job. I run the mp10s using random flow, seems to do the trick.
Too much Flow not glue, phone auto correct is wrong

Back