Need help. I’m at a loss

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefer experts! I need some help.

I just got my apex el today and im a newbie to it. I have followed apex starting guide but i can’t connect to wifi and hard wired.

Wifi scenario:
I was able to connect to apex hotspot but every time im on apex.local it won’t continue. Keeps on saying ssid or password is wrong.

Hard wired scenario:
After trying more than 3 hrs with wifi, I decided to try hard wire connection. So i reset the apex and start new. After i plugged the internet cable to the module i can see that the light flashes different colors and stayed on orange. Then i tried to go to apex.local same thing happens. It won’t continue after i put my home wifi password. It keep going on and on. I literally charged my iphone 6s plus twice because apex said it will take a while. But still no action. And the hotspot signal is gone every time it fails to connect.

To my suprise:
It logged me in after about 14 attemp so i was able to go to the dash board and update the apex firmwire. AND after that.... i can’t access the dashboard again. Back to square one!

I have attached some photos for you guys as reference. Please help! I sent a ticket to apex but only got an explanation on how it works. But still it won’t connect either wifi or hard wire. I have tried wifi connection with other equipments like aqamai and AI. But this is just too much.

BTW, My router is new last month from Spectrum. my security setting is at WPA2 personal. and I have all the guidelines that apex requires to connect the apex.

73A7128D-B359-443D-89FC-EC5BFD2AADC6.png

DA7D5150-D698-4144-8CE5-2AC5888A4F9C.png

F5EEC74C-CBDD-4AF7-88E1-45C83683DD43.png

AFB495A1-F07F-414D-B46A-B0CAEB16A9BD.png

83A3CF09-E05E-498E-AB51-C27D9087A85C.png

Last edited:

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex systems can be difficult to set up but in time you will learn all of the amazing things it is capable of. Did you post your questions on their forum as well as here? It seems your security settings on your home router needs a little tweaking to allow you to connect to it.

OP
OP
lonewonderer

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex systems can be difficult to set up but in time you will learn all of the amazing things it is capable of. Did you post your questions on their forum as well as here? It seems your security settings on your home router needs a little tweaking to allow you to connect to it.

Hey hey! I went to spectrum router setting. I have tried to change the setting with AES but it does not show there. Only those shown on the picture are available. If anyone knows how to change it please help.

image.jpg

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible stick with the wired connection during setup. (and after if possible IMHO) once you connect the ethernet cable power cycle the Apex main unit. Give it a bit of time and it should go to green. Then try the apex.local link. Once in there it is recommended to setup the wireless information in case something happens with the wired connection.

I had no luck connecting to mine locally from a phone but I fonestly didn't try much, once I had fusion setup I was able to use that for the minimal taks I do via my smartphone. It worked flawlessly from my (network wired) computer.

OP
OP
lonewonderer

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible stick with the wired connection during setup. (and after if possible IMHO) once you connect the ethernet cable power cycle the Apex main unit. Give it a bit of time and it should go to green. Then try the apex.local link. Once in there it is recommended to setup the wireless information in case something happens with the wired connection.

I had no luck connecting to mine locally from a phone but I fonestly didn't try much, once I had fusion setup I was able to use that for the minimal taks I do via my smartphone. It worked flawlessly from my (network wired) computer.

Sorry if i have not mentioned that I have tried wired connection but to no avail. The LED light from the main module changes color from blue to orange indicating that it is online but i can not access the apex.local thru my phone because the hard wire is in place. If you can please tell me how to access apex.local while wired that would be great.

image.jpg

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you try it from a hardwired device (like a laptop or desktop)? I can't get apex.local to work on my phone either, but it works fine with a computer with a wired connection to the network

OP
OP
lonewonderer

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is here at the back of the house. And my PC is connected wirelessly inside the house. I will reset the apex now and do hardwire. Please update me on the next step.

image.jpg

OP
OP
lonewonderer

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i rebooted the system. After it booted up the module. I plugged the ethernet cable. Light changed from blue to orange. So will i go to my pc inside the house to access apex.local?

3B3C20CA-0778-4963-BA91-6B824BF139B7.jpeg

8ECF3156-6044-41E7-B2C2-D7EF44A68F97.jpeg

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go to a computer thats on the same network and open the browser and use the apex.local link it shoudl open up the interface asking for a username and password then. the default username is: admin the password is: 1234

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, leave the unit hardwired, connect the display module. using the display module arrows you should see the Fusion Key (letters and numbers)

sign up for Fusion at this link - https://apexfusion.com/ once signed up it will ask for your apex key, thats the numbers and letters you saw on the module. It should connect your Apex with your fusion account then

OP
OP
lonewonderer

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fusion account already since yesterday but the display won’t release a token.

image.jpg

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing I can think to try is. Connect to your router, if you know the connected devices list, figure out which one the Apex is and connect to it via the ip address rather than the link.

Aslo check on the display module

System> Netsetup> DHCP> ON

Sorry I am not more help

OP
OP
lonewonderer

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your time. This is too much for me as well. Lastly here is the picture of the router stating that it is connected to apex. Hopefully someone will pitch in to help. I’m at a total loss. Thank you again

image.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.2%
Back