Need help ID Algae

MrZ3no

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2022
Messages
29
Reaction score
9
Location
new york city
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This algae been growing on my rock and back of the aquarium for the past couple month… it killed a lot of my zoas and mushrooms by covering it. I just don’t know what to do. I use chemi-clean couple month prior… I don’t know if that’s the reason why I got an outbreak like this. I don’t even know what it is to be honest. It’s like a reddish brown hair algae and on the sand it’s like a reddish stuff. IMG_7307.jpeg IMG_7306.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7305.mov
    89.8 MB
could you post a pic under full white lights? It looks like a combo of GHA and Cyano from what i can see
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new