Need Help: Identify Fish Parasite

ClayP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon,

I recently had an outbreak of Velvet in my DT...I think. I quickly set up and moved all fish into QT and ran initial copper treatment. The Gem Tang recovered great and is doing really well now with lots of energy and beautiful skin. Next, I've been running a Prazipro treatment to get rid of any other parasites while the DT is in fallow. There seems to be one parasite persistant pest on the the tang's right tail which has survived the treatment. This is the best picture I could take...it doesn't show a roundish bump-like appearance (I'd call it a wart on a human) about ~1.5-2 mm in diameter. Sorry about pictures, need to put list on my list of improvements. Any idea what the parasite is and a treatment recommendation? I almost think it could be scrapped off, but not sure how this could traumatize and setback the tang.

Thanks,

Clay

Fish Pic.PNG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good afternoon,

I recently had an outbreak of Velvet in my DT...I think. I quickly set up and moved all fish into QT and ran initial copper treatment. The Gem Tang recovered great and is doing really well now with lots of energy and beautiful skin. Next, I've been running a Prazipro treatment to get rid of any other parasites while the DT is in fallow. There seems to be one parasite persistant pest on the the tang's right tail which has survived the treatment. This is the best picture I could take...it doesn't show a roundish bump-like appearance (I'd call it a wart on a human) about ~1.5-2 mm in diameter. Sorry about pictures, need to put list on my list of improvements. Any idea what the parasite is and a treatment recommendation? I almost think it could be scrapped off, but not sure how this could traumatize and setback the tang.

Thanks,

Clay

Fish Pic.PNG
Need clearer image under white light but may stem from injury and be a deformity but again need clearer pic to assess properly.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 20.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 46 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back