Need Help Identifying

1atmosphere

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! So I decided to get back into the hobby now that I had some disposable income. I found a great deal on a 100 Gallon glass tank, had the protein skimmer, lights, power heads, heaters ,canister filter, stand and all the accessories for feeding and tank maintenance for a $100. I couldn't say no. However when I got there not only did it have that, it included the inhabitant. I knew I was going to loose stuff because I wanted to start slow and do it right and now I was thrust into trying to keep everything alive. Tried my best, lost some stuff. Fast forward I got another 100 gallon cube, that had the holes for a sump (the first one did not). So I slowly built that one hopefully the right way. However I need help identifying what survived so I can research more on how to make it thrive instead of survive. Could use some help identifying these if possible. The little pink one was actually something that just popped up recently. No idea where it came from and not sure if I should terminate its exsistance.

IMG_4256.JPG IMG_4261.JPG IMG_4262.JPG IMG_4263.JPG IMG_4265.JPG

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First one looks like a Duncan
second one looks like a group of morphs
third I can't tell but looks like a gorgonian or something similar
fourth looks like a torch or sun coral hard to tell without seeing closer.
fifth looks like a bubble tip

not too sure on the last three though

OP
OP

1atmosphere

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First one looks like a Duncan
second one looks like a group of morphs
third I can't tell but looks like a gorgonian or something similar
fourth looks like a torch or sun coral hard to tell without seeing closer.
fifth looks like a bubble tip

not too sure on the last three though
Ill try and get a video. I heard that is better. The first one does seem to be a Duncan when I looked it up. The second when I looked for Morphs is found Mushrooms. I was told the third was a Sponge but definitely doesn,t look like a gorgonian. I dont think that the 4th is a what you said but I will make sure I put that in the video here when I post and the last that looks like the bubble tip just appeared. I haven't put any new live rock in at all. So im curious to see what it turns into :p

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill try and get a video. I heard that is better. The first one does seem to be a Duncan when I looked it up. The second when I looked for Morphs is found Mushrooms. I was told the third was a Sponge but definitely doesn,t look like a gorgonian. I dont think that the 4th is a what you said but I will make sure I put that in the video here when I post and the last that looks like the bubble tip just appeared. I haven't put any new live rock in at all. So im curious to see what it turns into :p
fair enough heads up views uploaded through R2R tend to be buggy but through youtube and then a link tend to work, us Aussies tend to call mushrooms morphs aswell haha my bad. Definitely could be a sponge, looked like it had the shape of a gorgonian to me - the separation between branches and also unsure on 4th but video hopefully will help.

Back