Need help identifying

  • Thread starter Thread starter moorjames
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

moorjames

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2020
Messages
199
Reaction score
190
Location
Grand Rapids, MI
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
68EA7FD6-78CD-4B42-B922-F8A61C3A8DAB.png


it started to shrink today and can’t seem to figure out why- and not sure what to look up. Everything else in the tank seems to be fine.
It was open all day and I had to reach in the tank to grab some debris and when I pulled my hand out- I noticed it closed up. (Didn’t put my hand near it). It took a little while to open but never fully opened and seemed to be shrinking now. I don’t think my hand was dirty or soapy
 
68EA7FD6-78CD-4B42-B922-F8A61C3A8DAB.png


it started to shrink today and can’t seem to figure out why- and not sure what to look up. Everything else in the tank seems to be fine.
It was open all day and I had to reach in the tank to grab some debris and when I pulled my hand out- I noticed it closed up. (Didn’t put my hand near it). It took a little while to open but never fully opened and seemed to be shrinking now. I don’t think my hand was dirty or soapy
How long has it been in the tank?
Looks like euphyllia, which can sulk for a few days when added.
 
I believe it was sold to me as a mushroom- but it was a guy that doesn’t normally work the saltwater section at my local fish store- was filling I
 
Hairy mushroom
Requires moderate light and water flow and occasional feedings

temp 77/79
Salinity 1.025
Ph 8.1-8.3
Pho’s < .04
Nitrate < .04
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new