Need help ID'ing

George Villasenor

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2016
Messages
160
Reaction score
39
Location
Los Angeles, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need ID, and not sure where to post this. Are they nps? Thanks in advance!

NPS maybe.JPG MPS perhaps.JPG
 
They are expert level. As long as you have high flow and lots of food, might be able to keep it going.
 
Super nice , where did you get these ? Archwork pieces , wow they are stunning .
 
Super tough to keep for the average tank. I have seen a few keep them long term but not many. I don’t remember the last time I saw one but I only search for acropora mostly. Those are some bueatiful large pieces. I mostly saw them as smaller colonies a decade back when I was around the local stores often.
 
In 20 years I have never seen one kept alive for more than a month. Good luck. That’s one type that should never be collected. Most specimens are already dead when bought Because most can’t tell. their skeletons are not the same as sps, they are colored with calcite in addition to the calcium carbonate so they don’t turn white once dead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new