need help in treating Rainbow Coral Angelfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Debo66
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Debo66

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hell'o R2R family I am new to the site, but i have a question for anyone or everyone. My question is that I have a Rainbow Coral Angelfish that I believe have the disease call Lymphocystis at least the description in my book states what i,am seeing. i read that one of these treatments can be used after the fish has been place in a quarantine tank ( Copper, formalin methylene blue, malachite green ) I appreciate it if someone out there can help me. :squigglemouth:
FullSizeRender.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R... Can't tell for sure from the photo but if it is actually Lymphocystis then the medications you listed would do more harm than good. Lymphocystis is a virus and since there are no cures for a virus you just have to wait it out. What you can do to help is make sure your water quality is perfect and to make sure you are feeding a high quality food and feeding frequently enough. By eliminating any possible points of stress the fish can use all its energy to fight off the virus. Usually withing a week or two you will start to see improvement.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new