need help on coralife seascape leds

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know this is trivial but driving me up the wall. I have two 48 inch lights (coralife) I use one controller to adjust and turn on lights. Upon shutting down the system I can only get one light to turn completely off and the other light has just a small blue glow to the blue lights. Hardly noticeable but I would like to see no lights when I hit the orange on off switch. Sequence I use is go minus (-) button until 10, then press blue light on/off button, then hit orange on/off. Any help would be great, thanks.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not familiar to this light but sounds to me that you may have a bad switch . Contact the company and see if they can help you with either replacement parts or if you can send it to them for a fix ( which could get pricey ) . If not then you could speak to a electronic repair place or a electrician . If you don’t want to mess with that they do sell on/off switches that you can plug in and shut off the whole unit but you would lose the ability to have one on and one off . Good luck!!!

OP
OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not familiar to this light but sounds to me that you may have a bad switch . Contact the company and see if they can help you with either replacement parts or if you can send it to them for a fix ( which could get pricey ) . If not then you could speak to a electronic repair place or a electrician . If you don’t want to mess with that they do sell on/off switches that you can plug in and shut off the whole unit but you would lose the ability to have one on and one off . Good luck!!!
Luckily the shop is going to exchange it, I did call coralife and they were helpful and it appears it was faulty. I purchased a couple of aquamaxx and they are much better. Just going to use the replacement and other coralife for my qt and frag tank. Take care

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back