Need help on custom surface draw "box"

SfSteady

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goal is to use this 24 gallon Aquapod (similar to a biocube) without the back separator. The previous owner removed it and honestly I want the real estate.

In its place I tried already to insert upright a closed off the bottom PVC pipe with slits cut into it similar to any draw box. The pipe is only twice the diameter of the Rena filstar cannister filter inlet pipe.

When I ran the filter is was drawing the water into the pipe from the surface obviously BUT it was also taking in lots of air. Not enough water was being fed fast enough.

If my filter is running at 300 GPH and my first pipe was only double the diameter of the inlet. Would it be safe to say my next attempt at the pipe should be 3x the size? 4x the size? I don't know but I'd like to see my vision through and hope I can get some help from you guys.

Thanks in advance!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new