Need help on xr30 Gen 5 spacing

JoseQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
This is my first post on reef2reef! I am looking for help on spacing guidelines for my new display tank. The tank is 10 feet long by 30" wide and 30" tall. I have 5 radion Gen 5 blue lights. The tank will be a mixed reef and I am having a hard time finding any info on sapcing between lights on a tank this long.

I am thinking about mounting them 8" inches off the water and 22 inches on center. With the lights running lengthwise along the tank. I will he building a diy hanging kit for the lights so I won't be able to adjust the distance in-between lights after it is built.

Thank you in advance!
Jose Q

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine spaced 10-12” from each other. So for a tank you size id space The 2 ends 12” from the left and right side of tank, then each light 12” from the other. That would give you a good spread. I am 12” off the water line. Which is what radion recommends

Mike konesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be happy to swing by with the par meter and help with spacing. Just holler at Josh and let him know when you want me there.

OP
OP
JoseQ

JoseQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine spaced 10-12” from each other. So for a tank you size id space The 2 ends 12” from the left and right side of tank, then each light 12” from the other. That would give you a good spread. I am 12” off the water line. Which is what radion recommends
Thank you for the information! I'm going to be building it out of aluminum so it withstands time better

OP
OP
JoseQ

JoseQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be happy to swing by with the par meter and help with spacing. Just holler at Josh and let him know when you want me there.
Nice to see you on here Mike! I didn't know you had a par meter? I really April it and I'll definitely let Josh know when I am ready

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back