Need help picking MH and T5 Bulbs for 1100 Gallon build

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of building an 1100 Gallon Plywood/Glass tank and I have not used anything but LED's for years and need a little help deciding on bulbs. You can view the build thread buy clicking on the badge on the left if you want to look at it.
The tank is 10' long 5' front to back and 36" deep. I currently have 2 fixtures that each have 2 ea. 250 watt DE MH and 4 e.a 39 watt T5 I also have 1 fixture that has 6 ea. 39 watt T5 bulbs. In addition to these I have 5 Kessil 360X so I will have MH, T5 and LED's on this tank.
What I need help with is I need to buy 4 new MH bulbs and 14 new T5 bulbs. I like a little on the blue side but not too much. So any suggestions on the MH bulbs and the T5 bulbs please.
Oh it will be mixed reef some SPS some LPS. Because of the 36" deep I will be positioning the SPS higher in the tank.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d do Phoenix 14k and an even staggering of ati blue+ and coral+. Simple and I feel like the spectrum will be exactly what you’re looking for

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d do Phoenix 14k and an even staggering of ati blue+ and coral+. Simple and I feel like the spectrum will be exactly what you’re looking for
Thank You I ordered this exact assortment from BRS. now just need to get water in the tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%

Back