Need help plumbing my first frag tank please..

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am setting up my first frag tank and plumbing it into my display tank (240g). My prop tank is approx 60 gallons. My current dart return pump (external) is running my chiller as well as return for my display tank so it will not run the frag tank.
My questions are:
Since I am going to need an INTERNAL pump that will run from my sump to feed the return for the prop tank, what is the smallest and most energy efficienct pump that will give enough flow? Mind you that the frag tank will hold mostly zoanthids, palys and maybe a few acans and chalices. MOstly zoanthids and palys. Also, the flow or pressure will need to run approximately 5 feet from the sump to the frag tank. Any help or ideas? Open to all suggestions. Thank you kindly.

OP
OP
Neon Reef

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trying to do with what i have, not start from scratch and replumb the entire thing..lol..
anyone else?

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if your looking to add it to your system. i would just use an quiteone 3000, or a better option with a Eheim but for overall flow i would still look at adding a tunze, hydor , mp20 vortech or some thing.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back