Need help selecting a tank Red Sea or water box!?

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m stuck in between a Red Sea and water box I’m shooting for a 50 gallon display . I have never owned neither of these tanks so I don’t really know the difference they are similar in price with the water box being a little more . Trying to decide if it’s worth spending the extra cash on shipping a water box when I can pick up a reefer 250 at my lfs..

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about both of those in the bigger form. If you don’t have to pay shipping then that might be the ticket, more money for equipment or live stock.

OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about both of those in the bigger form. If you don’t have to pay shipping then that might be the ticket, more money for equipment or live stock.

That was my thought originally if I have to pay more for a water box in shipping would almost be better off with a Red Sea

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at one of my LFS today, he was unpacking the Red Sea 3XL 900, that tank looks awesome, at least to me. Makes me lean that way. Not happening til next year, so I can change my mind quite often.

OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at one of my LFS today, he was unpacking the Red Sea 3XL 900, that tank looks awesome, at least to me. Makes me lean that way. Not happening til next year, so I can change my mind quite often.

From what I hear waterbox makes a nice tank as well I’d like to see one

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true, I have not seen one in person, but I watch the YouTube vids they do every Wednesday

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a waterbox and if i had to choose again i would still get the WB. For me its the quality of the glass. The waterbox just seems to have a better clearer glass than the red sea.

OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a waterbox and if i had to choose again i would still get the WB. For me its the quality of the glass. The waterbox just seems to have a better clearer glass than the red sea.
I heard that too from a guy that has both he also mentioned and I’m not sure how true it is, that the glass doesn’t scratch as easy

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that too from a guy that has both he also mentioned and I’m not sure how true it is, that the glass doesn’t scratch as easy
I'm real careful not to test out that claim about scratches..... but i must say its the clearest glass I personally have ever seen on any aquarium by far. zero bubbles or blemishes and a pleasure to look thru!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back