Need help to ID: pest or not!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jodi Lyn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jodi Lyn

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed this very tiny growth on the base of my candy cane coral. Is it some type of worm or pest that I should be concerned about?
IMG_1628.jpeg
 
Kinda looks like a zoa or paly polyp?

Possibly a glass anemone, or ?

If I didn't buy it I would remove it and put it in observation or kill it with predjudice as a hygiene matter.
 
Second that to Kris, it does kinda look like a closed zoa. I'd cut it off and put it in a container, float it and see what happens 👨‍🔬

Hopefully not an aiptasia. Looks like those candy canes are happy with them feeders out!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new