Need help to ID this random coral, please

flutter.baybee

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
10
Location
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we just found this purple coral on the left side of our Mushroom plug! Any ideas as to what it is?
Thanks! :)

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1468023242.881379.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1468023251.883777.jpg
 
image.png
I'm gonna take a stab and say "hidden cup coral". This photo is not mine nor do I own the rights to it, simply found doing a google image search. Hope this helps.
 
They normally come out in shadier spots and in my experience seem to come and go. I've never been able to actually maintain the same ones consistently. Mine are more of a blue translucent with white luminescent tips. Glad to help.
 
Looks like a mojano or aiptasia perhaps to me but I am NOT an expert at this stuff. Let's get some better eyes on this one

[HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]
 
Looks like a mojano or aiptasia perhaps to me but I am NOT an expert at this stuff. Let's get some better eyes on this one

[HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]
I would agree with aptasia.
 
Not a coral, it is an aptasia anemone. It has very pointed tentacles while a mojano would look more like a tiny bubble tip
I thought so too but I have two tanks with a few mojano left one is a bit more bubbly the other has slightly larger "tentacles", but I am NO expert as stated haha
 
I have aptasia that look exactly like that in a fish only tank at the store (which I kill every month and they keep coming back). So I vote Aptasia
 
I had one like that also. It was cool until I figured out that it was aptasia. I agree with the comsinisous. :) Try all the chemical treatments, tried the peppermint shrimps, the got a matted file fish. Aptasia issue no more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new