Need help to know what nitrates are?

Franco1024

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2021
Messages
205
Reaction score
138
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help with Red Sea nitrates results. I’m am leaning towards 20 but it can see some 50 In it. Any thoughts? All pictures from same results

E48F3C95-7054-407C-AFC1-05363DAC81C9.jpeg FC37C89B-2459-4109-A11B-B72D164FD4A2.jpeg 4E852F60-D2FE-40EA-8F17-EF44EBBFE910.jpeg D202A00D-4104-4523-854D-3940CC89A6FD.jpeg
 
20 ppm would be my call.
 
Need help with Red Sea nitrates results. I’m am leaning towards 20 but it can see some 50 In it. Any thoughts? All pictures from same results

E48F3C95-7054-407C-AFC1-05363DAC81C9.jpeg FC37C89B-2459-4109-A11B-B72D164FD4A2.jpeg 4E852F60-D2FE-40EA-8F17-EF44EBBFE910.jpeg D202A00D-4104-4523-854D-3940CC89A6FD.jpeg
The only way to measure the nitrate concentration when they reach this level is to dilute the sample with freshly prepared saltwater.

Dilute the sample to the 0-10 ppm range. In your situation, I would try a dilution of 1 mL aquarium water diluted to 10 mL with new saltwater. You could use RO/DI for dilution. The reading will be a bit high.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new