Need Help to setup chiller in GHL profilux 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ecf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All
i added a chiller to my system
setup the chiller is easy it reeds the tank temp and act according to the set point
i have a profilux 4 and i added the Chiller to the power par and set the outlet Function to temperature and cooler

now every time i reach the set point the GHL cut power completely to the chiller i am afraid from the constant power on and off will effect the chiller internal electricity

so can i have any input how to deal with it ??
@Vinny@GHLUSA @Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ecf - I assume the Chiller has it own set points for on and off. I have mine plugged into the GHL PowerBar but I set the setpoints larger by .25 degrees of the chiller so it will turn it off in the even the internal temp probe of the chiller fails.

OP
OP
ecf

ecf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ecf - I assume the Chiller has it own set points for on and off. I have mine plugged into the GHL PowerBar but I set the setpoints larger by .25 degrees of the chiller so it will turn it off in the even the internal temp probe of the chiller fails.
so i set the temp prop to 25 C and the chiller to 25.25 or 25.5 C

do i change anything in the temp prop sitting in cooling difference ?
i set the chiller to 25 and the nominal temp in temp prop 24.8

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All
i added a chiller to my system
setup the chiller is easy it reeds the tank temp and act according to the set point
i have a profilux 4 and i added the Chiller to the power par and set the outlet Function to temperature and cooler

now every time i reach the set point the GHL cut power completely to the chiller i am afraid from the constant power on and off will effect the chiller internal electricity

so can i have any input how to deal with it ??
@Vinny@GHLUSA @Ditto
The problem is not the internal electricity - its the running time. If it is a compressor cooler (most are) it needs to have a decent running time (and a decent pause) - otherwise the compressor will not work for a longer period. @Ditto ´s way is probably the most used method. Let the internal controller manage the temperature (they have probably an adapted hysteresis suitable for the compressor in use) and let your P4 shut down if the temperature will be way to low. If your internal works between 25.25 - 25.5 let the P4 shut down at 25 as @Ditto suggest

Sincerely Lasse

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back