Need help to start dosing ESV B-ionic

BurgerFish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
552
Reaction score
236
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have two dosers and ESV B-ionic two part.

My alk is 9.5.
Calcium 415.
Salt 1.25
Nitrates/Phosphates at 0 (I'm trying to rise it).

My acros feeling bad (bleaching). Soft skin acros feels well.
I have 4 small SPS frags and two small LPS frag in the tank. Coraline algae start to grow.

So, how do I need to start dosing? 9.5 alk is good level for mixed reef? (Probably will be sps dominant).

How much to dose to start? When needs to test the alk/calc again?

Thanks
 
Take your readings now.
wait 7 days with no dosing
Retake the readings
Do the math to get back to your desired levels. (Will include link to a calculator below, I use esv and it works PERFECT)
Divide the total loss by 7. (write total dose and daily dose for each part down)
slowly manually dose to bring parameters back to desired numbers.
once where you want to be, split the daily dose by 4 and have 4 doses a day of that amount.
check Alk daily and adjust at same time for a bit until comfortable knowing it’s doing right. Mag can be checked weekly and manually adjusted then tune the Doser for more or less till Spot on. Cal, I would do every 2-3 days until tuned the Doser as well.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new