Need help updating apex Junior firmware from a mac

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2018
Messages
1,004
Reaction score
1,572
Location
Nova Scotia
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says I'm having a really hard time updating my apex juniors firmware, I'm really hoping to do so from my macbook.

I have an ethernet adapter and have it plugged into the apex, I've followed the instructions laid out here https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sh...Mac-directly-to-controller-to-update-firmware but every time I hit update firmware I get the error message "(CFErrorDomainLaunchd error 4.)"

Can somebody please tell me what that means and what I need to do about it, I've searched through the forums failed to find anything (Although I'm fairly stressed right now so might have just missed it). Also I'm not at all a tech person so the more simplified the version the better!

Thanks in advance!
 
I had that issue too... Used a windows laptop to update my controller.
 
I had that issue too... Used a windows laptop to update my controller.
Thats good to know! I was thinking about using my GF's PC to try the update however I have a call scheduled with neptune today so we'll see what we can get done and hopefully I can update this thread for thee next person that looks up what to do if this happens to them!
 
Use a 4 port router to update the firmware. Connect your apex and PC using network cables. Do not use network switch as you might get errors while updating.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new