Need help with AI Primes

Still_learning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I bought some slightly used Primes because I found out the Orbits led strip light I was currently running was crap. I had no idea the user could fully adjust all the spectrums on them. I was never big into lighting because I always had T5s and more recently, the Orbits leds. I know I should've done my due diligence and learned about them, but I wanted to snatch them up because it was a realty good deal. My hope is that someone can give me a reference point of where to start my lights and the max they should be at based off of what I have in my tank. Currently, I have the two lights placed 10" above the tank (max height using fixtures). I have an LPS dominated 54 gal corner tank. From the top of the water to the sand bed, it is about 20". About 4-5" below the surface is a colony of hammer. 10-12" down I have a mostly softies (gsp, mushrooms and yellow stone polyps) and a colony of acans. The sand bed, 20" down, is lps dominated. Trumpet coral, blasto, acans, trach, donut coral favias and a stylo (sps). Right now, because I'm trying to not shock the corals with too much light, I have my settings at: UV-83, VIOLET-83, ROYAL BLUE-62, BLUE-62, GREEN-5, RED-5, MOONLIGHT-0, COOL WHITE-32. Those numbers were doubled, but I'm using two lights so I thought it better to halve it to be safe. I got those numbers from a vid I watched by BRS, but they were trying to get a specific par in different tank sizes. I just went with the one that was closest to my tank. If there is someone out there who can help me get the right light settings on my Primes for my corals, I'll be truly grateful. Thank you to everyone in advance

fenderchamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there are some presets on the AI site. One of them probably is for a tank similar to yours. I think people usually recommend getting a luxe or a PAR meter if you really want to dial your light in. They also seem to suggest that you start with the light turned down and then bring it up. There are also like a million threads on here about AI settings, so maybe read through some of those too?

OP
OP
S

Still_learning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there are some presets on the AI site. One of them probably is for a tank similar to yours. I think people usually recommend getting a luxe or a PAR meter if you really want to dial your light in. They also seem to suggest that you start with the light turned down and then bring it up. There are also like a million threads on here about AI settings, so maybe read through some of those too?
Thanks Fenderchamp. Yeah, I've been reading through some of the lighting threads trying to find the one that gives me the info that I'm looking for. I spoke with someone at my lfs and I was told this would be my best bet, so I'll just keep looking.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 58 29.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.5%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back