Need help with apex AFS on timer

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys,

Setup my auto feeder as I’m going to be away this week for work and want to make sure the fish are fed. Using the apex AFS with Vfeed. I’ll post screenshots of this but having 2 issues that I need help with. Everything seems to be working right and I verified the past couple of days that the timers trigger everything they’re supposed to. This morning as I’m leaving to the airport, I noticed the AFS running which is odd. I went to check it out and it dispensed all the food from the AFS for some reason. Luckily I didn’t fill it to the brim but still had a good amount of food in the tank. Had to try and get as much as I could before leaving for the airport and ultimately disconnected the AFS. Please see attached screenshots for reference of how I have everything setup.

The idea is at 1130, 1500, and 1900 the drum will roll once. The return pump will go to 1%(cor 15), during vfeed, as well as skimmer will turn off and wait 5 min to turn back on. Second issue I’m seeing is that sometimes the water level in the sump stays much higher although the pump kicks back on to the original level. This causes me to have to adjust the skimmer and once sometimes adjust the gate valve on my red sea reefer 350 g2.

IMG_2803.png IMG_2804.png IMG_2805.png

Jason_MrFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
You don't need all those defer. Just put one at the end after everything

perhaps make the defer 10 min. I would also get rid of the Return pump % as well? unless you have something else that would be dropping the return lower as well?

OP
OP
musaabi

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You don't need all those defer. Just put one at the end after everything

perhaps make the defer 10 min. I would also get rid of the Return pump % as well? unless you have something else that would be dropping the return lower as well?
I’ll try that. The pump was just in case it dropped down but I agree that it may be a waste

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back