Need help with Apex DOS

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Like the title says I am having trouble with my apex dos. I have 2 of them in total and both are connected via 1 link to the eb832.

here is the issue, my apex thinks they are the same dos. I plugged in the first one and it became dos 11 at Aqus bus address 11. I plugged in my second one and nothing popped up and it shows my first one as disconnected. So I unplugged the second one, first one reconnects and all is good. If i disconnect the first one and plug in the second, it shows as Dos 11 being connected and the second one works. Plug in the first and dos 11 disconnects. Things I’ve tried:

Renaming the first dos to dos whatever. No change

deleting the first dos plugging in the second, still pops up as dos 11 and behavior persists.

Updating firmware on dos, no fix.

basically it wants to give both address 11 and I can’t get it to change

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't have any experience with that but have you tried using the power supply and aquabus cable just to see if it'll recognize it as a separate DOS?

Also, neptune systems has a forum of their own where you may get some more eyes on it since it's all neptune users. Hopefully it's alright to link it here - https://forum.neptunesystems.com/

OP
OP
GK3

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't have any experience with that but have you tried using the power supply and aquabus cable just to see if it'll recognize it as a separate DOS?

Also, neptune systems has a forum of their own where you may get some more eyes on it since it's all neptune users. Hopefully it's alright to link it here - https://forum.neptunesystems.com/
I also tried hooking the second one up via aquabus and power supply. Exact same behavior as before. It immediately disconnected the working one and neither would work.

OP
OP
GK3

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Neptune tech support fixed it. So here is what you have to do:

1. plug in the first dos and let it connect, leave second unplugged.
2. Delete the first dos module and immediately unplug it (don’t let apex recognize it again).
3. Plug in the second dos and do the same.
4. Plug first Dos back in let it connect.
5. Plug second Dos in and it should have iterated to a new address.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back