Need help with BoB and Apex 2016

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my understanding, you hook the BoB to the base unit and then the switches should pop up on fusion.. but they’re not.

Here’s what I have not to confuse anyone.
Apex 2016
FMM module
ATK

Obviously the first 2 float switches coming up are from the ATK (ATO Hi and ATO Lo)

Here’s a snapshot of my fusion app.
Disregard the ones that are named. The only 2 in use are the ones previously named above.

43e8a43bc6969c60ec07891659fe5595.png

I hooked up a float switch for my ATO container to let me know when it’s low. I put 1 wire to ground and 1 wire to I1 but none of the listed switches are moving when I move the float up and down. Kinda scratching my head on this one. Any help would be appreciated!

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed that the one named Top Off is saying it’s on Base I1. So maybe the float switch is broke? I should also mention that these float switches were bought used as a package with the BoB
1547b16f813e3ddde05b201e6c648842.png

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you hit the unlock at the top right of the screen and see if there are in the hidden tiles?

the ones labled SW1-SW6 are how my break out boxes have always shown up as default

mine on the FFM showed up as SWX with the aquabus address and a number 1-4 by default

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah all the tiles that are available are in the first picture. I haven’t messed with it since but I’m thinking maybe it’s a bad float.. or the wiring itself

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had several floats go bad, I'm sure because I bought the cheap ones the first time. It does take a bit for the state in Fusion to update, and a few seconds even when you are viewing it locally. So set the switch in the closed position and set it down and come back after a minute and see if the reading changes. (BOB switches default to the open position if it isn't reading anything)

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I’ll try that first and see what’s up then just go from there. I need to find a feasible float switch for my skimmer lid as well. Ordered 2 of them and they were both too big lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back