Need help with flow from IceCap Gyre 4k

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shanel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shanel

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Messages
741
Reaction score
1,462
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I use the reverse function on the Hydros pump, the flow is directed toward the top of the rockwork. I know rotating the pump housing can shift the flow direction, but I prefer having the flow angled more toward the surface.

Is there a pump cover available that allows custom adjustment of flow direction in both forward and reverse modes? Or at least something to baffle the flow, so it doesn’t blast the corals and damage their tissue?

20250511_120945.jpg
 
When I use the reverse function on the Hydros pump, the flow is directed toward the top of the rockwork. I know rotating the pump housing can shift the flow direction, but I prefer having the flow angled more toward the surface.

Is there a pump cover available that allows custom adjustment of flow direction in both forward and reverse modes? Or at least something to baffle the flow, so it doesn’t blast the corals and damage their tissue?

20250511_120945.jpg
you can always try ziptying filter floss too it. It should lower the power.
 
Upvote 0
you can always try ziptying filter floss too it. It should lower the power.
I found 2 different directors, both 3d printed. I still am unable to find a file to download so I can print a set and see if I can start using reverse on my pumps. I was able to find a file for Maxpect Gyre XF250 and jebao cp40 but I don't think those would fit. 3d printing is still new to me. I just got one so looking for a project to learn on.

4K_Photo_2__06385.jpg
Screenshot_20250523_022749_Chrome.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I found 2 different directors, both 3d printed. I still am unable to find a file to download so I can print a set and see if I can start using reverse on my pumps. I was able to find a file for Maxpect Gyre XF250 and jebao cp40 but I don't think those would fit. 3d printing is still new to me. I just got one so looking for a project to learn on.

4K_Photo_2__06385.jpg
Screenshot_20250523_022749_Chrome.jpg
Do you have any dimensions of these?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new